Hi y’all (I just got back from The South),
I hope you all are enjoying the holidays as much as I am! A few highlights of my Christmas:
- spending time with family, including the Professor’s parents and aunt and uncle, as well as several of my aunts, my uncle, and cousins
- going to the Grand Ole Opry (thanks, Professor’s aunt and uncle), which was a new and fun experience for me
- getting lovely new yarn from the Professor for Christmas (more on this later)
Now that the New Year has almost arrived, I’m thinking about knitting. All right, I’m always thinking about knitting, but I do have some specific ideas and finished things to show and talk about.
First, I can’t wait to knit this. I’ve got the yarn, I’ve got the needles, I’m ready to swatch and roll! But soft, what light on yonder knitting basket breaks? I just have too many things going right now to start something else. Clearly, some discipline is in order. So, here is my plan for finishing items: I have 9 active projects, and 5 must go before I can add another!
- The Cowl. Begun as a soothing travel knit, I bound it off last night. It’s drying now, and finished shots will be posted tomorrow. So much for the cowl.
- The Professor’s Socks. So close! Really, these just need an extra blocking (I had to take out the toe of the first sock and add more length), and they will be history. Two of Five.
- Christmas Presents #1 and #2. We’re doing this exchange around Jan. 9, so these are my next priority.
- The Must-Have Cardi. I am ashamed that this sweater has languished so long. Also, I’d love to wear it a few times before spring!
Thanks for the comments on the dishrags. For those wondering, I used the Ballband Dishcloth pattern and Peaches’n’Creme yarn (I love the classics). I’ve found that they hold up excellently to all kinds of abuse, including machine washing and drying. Since each one takes about an hour from cast-on to bind-off, how can you lose?